What is SFP?
Here is Amazon’s description of the Seller Fulfilled Prime service:
“Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) lets you offer Prime members the free two-day shipping they love, but handle the fulfillment yourself. Seller Fulfilled Prime is an exclusive program for sellers who meet a high-performance bar and can offer free 2-day shipping for Prime members and free standard shipping for other buyers.”
What are the SFP Program Benefits?
Participating in Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime can offer sellers some of these key benefits:
- Instant access to Amazon’s estimated 65 million Prime subscribers (Amazon does not officially publish the number of subscribers but multiple sources have estimated the count based on related data)
- Switch from the FBA model where the seller pays to ship products to the Amazon fulfillment center and pays FBA handling costs, now ship directly to the consumer
- Easier control over your stock compared to FBA where you would need to split up your inventory to share with Amazon fulfillment
- Leverage Amazon’s negotiated shipping rates and service levels through the Seller Fulfilled Prime program
- Display the Prime badge next to listings included in the program, which has shown to increase sales
Why does my company need Amazon’s SFP?
Amazon predicts that sellers joining Seller Fulfilled Prime will see a 30% to 40% jump in their sales. As long as they keep their metrics up to the required standard, Seller Fulfilled Prime sellers benefit from up to 60% cheaper couriers through the Amazon Logistics network and can also rely on excellent Amazon customer service.
- Increased sales velocity – Faster Sales Faster Profits
- Complete stock control, and no need to split up your inventory to share with Amazon – Integrated WMS Becomes Essential
- Using the ‘ship by region’ feature, where items flagged as Prime-eligible by the seller are only shown as available for Prime shipping to customers whose registered shipping address is in the seller’s close proximity – Add SFP 3PLs to your network through Deposco WMS
- Easier return processing and greater transparency than with FBA listings with automated return authorizations – Customer Loyalty is Essential
How does Deposco Integrate with Amazon’s SFP?
Here is an overview of the processing steps
- Amazon orders include an attribute named “IsPrime” to identify Prime orders
- During order fulfillment, for a Prime order, Deposco contacts Amazon to get a list of eligible shipping services for the order
- Deposco contacts Amazon to create a shipment for one the selected shipping services returned from the previous step. This triggers payment for shipping.
- Deposco extracts the shipping label from Amazon and prints the shipping label
How do I get Deposco with SFP for my company?
- Come see us at MODEX 2018 in Atlanta April 9-12 – read more on the Deposco Blog
- Drive on over to Deposco.com
- Message us via LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakerehmann/
- Request a Demo Via – Request Demo