Deposco is pleased to announce that we have expanded our existing integration with Amazon to include the Seller Fulfilled Prime program. These new features enable Deposco customers access to directly fulfill orders for Prime subscribers, providing benefits to sellers like increased sales and improved control over stock.
Here is Amazon’s description of the Seller Fulfilled Prime service:
“Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) lets you offer Prime members the free two-day shipping they love, but handle the fulfillment yourself. Seller Fulfilled Prime is an exclusive program for sellers who meet a high-performance bar and can offer free 2-day shipping for Prime members and free standard shipping for other buyers.”
As a Seller Fulfilled Prime seller you must continually satisfy the criteria mentioned on this page where Amazon reviews your performance metrics to make sure you have consistent fulfillment capabilities, and could take away access to the program if performance decreases.
Participating in Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime can offer sellers some of these key benefits:
- Instant access to Amazon’s estimated 65 million Prime subscribers (Amazon does not officially publish the number of subscribers but multiple sources have estimated the count based on related data)
- Switch from the FBA model where the seller pays to ship products to the Amazon fulfillment center and pays FBA handling costs, now ship directly to the consumer
- Easier control over your stock compared to FBA where you would need to split up your inventory to share with Amazon fulfillment
- Leverage Amazon’s negotiated shipping rates and service levels through the Seller Fulfilled Prime program
- Display the Prime badge next to listings included in the program, which has shown to increase sales
A recent survey by Morgan Stanley estimated that about 40% of Amazon Prime members spend over $1,000 a year on Amazon, and that that Amazon Prime members spend about 4.6-times more money on Amazon than non-Prime members.
So how does the Deposco solution work with Amazon to fulfill Prime orders? Here is an overview of the processing steps
- Amazon orders include an attribute named “IsPrime” to identify Prime orders
- During order fulfillment, for a Prime order, Deposco contacts Amazon to get a list of eligible shipping services for the order
- Deposco contacts Amazon to create a shipment for one the selected shipping services returned from the previous step. This triggers payment for shipping.
- Deposco extracts the shipping label from Amazon and prints the shipping label
Whether you have received an invitation from Amazon for the program already, or you are interested in being added, we would be happy to provide you with an overview of these latest features. Sellers can contact Deposco directly to get started, and please remember to stop by our booth at the upcoming Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition in Chicago from June 6-9 to see more features to help your business grow.